rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

July 10, 2013

Independence Day With a Little Fishing

I'm a little late getting this posted, but I guess later is better than never. For the fourth of July holiday, we headed up to the cabin in eastern Idaho for some relaxation and a little fishing. We were going to float the Snake, but high water (we're not used to floating monster rivers) and iffy weather made us fish from shore. We pulled over at a spot that looked to have decent access, and on my first cast I had a rainbow take my jig. I managed to lift him onto a shallow ledge where I was able to get my hands on him. The fish measured 17 inches, making it the biggest fish I've landed on the Snake so far. A few small browns made it to shore as well. other than that, it was a lot of hits, but couldn't get them to commit.
We did a lot of exploring, relaxing, and visiting with family also. The fireworks in Idaho Falls were very impressive. They shot over 17,000 shells! It was like watching a 31 minute finale. I really love Independence Day! A big thank you goes out to all the troops and veterans who have helped keep our country free!


The mighty South Fork of the Snake River.
17 inch rainbow trout on my first cast.

A little brown trout caught along the edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment