rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

September 2, 2009

Uinta Mountains, UT September 2009

I made a quick trip up to catch my first ever artic grayling. I had a friend go up the weekend before and said he crushed them so I thought I'd give it a shot. It's a 3 1/2 mile hike starting at the fish lake trailhead up Oakley canyon. There are 3 lakes within a mile of each other which are Round, Sand and Fish lakes. I caught grayling and yellowstone cutts in round and grayling in Sand and Fish lakes. I used a mesquito behind a bubble and I had a fish on almost every cast in all 3 lakes. I also cast some spinners and caught a few. Its a good day-hike for anyone wanting a somewhat short hike to catch some grayling. It is well worth the trip.

Artic Grayling

Artic Grayling with my mesquito in it's mouth.

Artic Grayling

Yellowstone Cutthroat Trout

Fish Lake

Round Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment