rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

August 15, 2010

The Boulder Mountains of Utah

I made my first ever trip down to the boulders this past week. What a beautiful area. The boulders are surrounded by Capital Reef National Park and Grand Staircase National Monument Which made for some spectacular views. I fly fished a few lakes and had some success but not what I was hoping for. I'm still learning to fly fish and this was the first trip I went on that I didn't have my spinning rod to back me up. It was really frustrating knowing I could have caught a lot more fish if I had it but it was really good to learn fly fishing skills. By the second day I had it down and could cast good enough to get the fly where I needed it. I saw some really big fish while I was there and hooked a few decent brookies in the 16-17 inch range. I also saw some monster tiger trout but couldn't get them to commit. I am going to head back down in September for another go at it.






A few nice brookies.





Thats one big mushroom.










Hogsback. No gaurdrails and a very long drop if you go over.

No comments:

Post a Comment