rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

December 31, 2013

2013 in Review

2013 is almost over, and what a year it has been! Great memories were created this year, and here are some of the most memorable starting from the first of the year to now.
  1. In February, I landed the biggest Brown Trout to date. That day was filled with big fish. This trip is also where I go the phone call that led to number two.
  2. I got the call that a dear friend had passed, so I headed down to Texas to go to her funeral. It was trip with a lot of mixed emotions to say the least.
  3. The Summer months were filled with lots of night fishing for catfish. On one such night, I landed a new personal best Channel Cat that was just shy on 30 inches.
  4. The beginning of Fall, My brother Jason and I made a trip across the Magruder Road to go after Bull Trout in the Selway River. This is one trip I'm definitely making again in my life.
  5. The Fall also brings the changing of Kokanee Salmon, and I was able to fish for them a few times this year. I landed several, but none of them came close to this beast. It is one of my favorite catches ever, and so I had to get a replica mount done. 
I hope your 2013 treated you well, and here's to an even better 2014! Happy New Year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great year, rick! Congrats and may 2014 bring you more fish than ever before!!

    ReplyDelete