rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

April 13, 2013

Recon Trip To Utah Lake

It's almost time to start "Carpin" again! It's still a touch early, But I decided to do some recon and see what I could find. I launched at American Fork boat harbor at around 10 in the morning. and fished until Noon. I mostly cruised around to some of go-to spots for Carp to see if any were rising yet. Upon arriving, most areas were empty of any signs of fish. I made some blind casts in each spot but came us with nothing.
The last spot I went to had three carp that I could see right ion the serface. I made several casts at them without so much as a look. I switched from a purple wolly bugger to a brown one and my second cast had action. I set the hook, and the fight was on! I kicked away from the shore line to get away from anything breaking me off. Seriously, the fight that a Carp will give you is hard to match in freshwater. I landed him after several times of getting him close, only to have him make another run. I think it's going to be couple more weeks before you start seeing big numbers of Carp on the surface. All-in-all, it was a great two hour trip.
 
First Carp of 2013.

1 comment:

  1. nice written story and great captured fish. really amazing. keep sharing more.
    Fishing In Dubai

    ReplyDelete