rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

June 28, 2012

Finally A Fish At Willard

I finally caught fish at Willard Reservoir! This body of water has had my number for so long. I launched from the south marina around 8 am with the hopes of catching my first wiper. I trolled for a few hours using different cranks with no takers. I switched to my fly rod and used a clouser minnow with the same results. I decided to head over and trol close to the dyke using a gold spoon, and thats when I started seeing action. I landed to channel cats and my first ever small mouth bass. Even though the small mouth was little, it was still fun to knock another species off my list. I still have to figure out how to catch my wiper, but at least I left without the skunk today!

Cookie cutter kitty.

My first small mouth bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment