rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

February 11, 2011

Quick Trip To The Jordan River

After almost 2 weeks of not fishing, I was finally able to get back out and wet a line. I recently went back to school and that has put a huge damper on the amount of times I'm able to get out. I had a few hours to spare today so I headed to the Jordan River since it's close to my home. I grabbed my ultra light rod and a few Mepps spinners for the white bass. This is the earliest time in the year I have ever fished the Jordan and I had the same results that I do most other times which is lots of white bass. I would say the average size I caught was 7" which is small but still fun on an ultra light.. What I wasn't expecting on this trip was the amount of large mouth bass I caught. I bet 1/4 of the fish I caught today were large mouth's. The largest fish of the day was a 14" large mouth which is on the bigger end for this river. In all I landed 36 fish in about 2 hours of fishing and it's just what I needed! On my way back to the truck I saw a bunch of vans and lots of people gathered together. when I got closer I noticed some handcarts being pulled accross the river which is something I never thought I'd see. It turns out that they were getting ready to film a part of a movie about the pioneers crossing the plains.


Average white bass today.
Aveerage large mouth bass today.

Largest large mouth bass at 14" long.



Handcarts crossing the river.

5 comments:

  1. Nice find man!!! Glad to hear your hitting the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same spot you caught your big one a few years back. You should take the girls but plan on getting muddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Rick. You should have found a way to sneak into that movie with your rod and spinners. I'm sure that's just how the pioneers fished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hate to admit it, but I have never fished the Jordan River...and it's the closest one to me! hmmmm...pretty nice fish there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually asked if they were going to fish at al, lol. You should give the Jordan a try sometime. You have the chance at 9 different species.

    ReplyDelete