rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

July 10, 2010

The High Uintas, UT

Every year I go on a hike with my brothers for a week of Alpine fishing and this year we went to the High Uintas in Utah. We hiked 30 miles in 3 days and the fishing was fast and furious. We had great weather the whole time we were there and these trips are some of my favorites because I get to hang out with my brothers. I must admit though that each year my motivation is getting less and less on the hiking part because of the lack of new species of fish to catch. We all experienced a little altitude sickness this trip as well which surprised all of us. On previous hikes we've been a lot higher and had never had problems. It really zapped my energy and I had to do things at a slower pace until my body acclimated. The pictures never give true justice of just how beautiful it is in the high country. I'm already looking forward to next years trip!



At the trail head about to start the "fun".
Entering Four Lakes Basin



14" Brook Trout; A new personal best for this species.

Dane's Lake

It doesn't get much better than this!








12" Artic Grayling on the fly.



The start of a new family.

I think this is as close as I'll get.



Provo Falls


One more moose for the road.

1 comment:

  1. Rick, wow! What a trip, and, I can certainly see why you would be anxious to go again next year. Love the pictures. Those shots of the Grayling are worth a beautiful memory or two.

    ReplyDelete