rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

December 2, 2014

Silver Lake Hike

My wife and I recently made the 2 mile hike to Silver Lake up American Fork Canyon. The weather was perfect for November with sunny skies and a slight breeze to keep you cool while hiking. I have made many trips to this lake over the years. It's usually decent fishing for Brook Trout, and an occasional Grayling. This was Chelsea's first trip. 

When we made it to the lake, I was surprised to find it full. The lake is usually a puddle this time of year. We took in the views, and I fished for about a half hour, before making our way back down to the truck. This is a great little hike if you only have a few hours and need to get a nature fix.










2 comments:

  1. Beautiful country. Love those high mountain lakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, and you're always rewarded with either great view and great fishing or both!

    ReplyDelete