rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

May 2, 2014

Knocking Off The Dust

It's finally time to start cat fishing again! I dug out my cat gear, blew off the dust, and headed down to the Jordan River. The water temps are rising, so the fishing is only going to get better from here. I've been out twice for a few hours each time. If you use worms, you can't keep the little fish off, so I suggest using cut bait. Both times I went, I landed mostly bullheads, with an occasional little channel catfish. Last night I finally felt that pull and power of a decent catfish. The fight didn't last long, but it was what I needed. Here's to looking forward to a great summer of fighting kitties!
 
A small channel catfish (left) and bullhead catfish (right).

Fishing day and night.

First keeper of the year at 22 inches.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, brother! glad to hear that you got into some kitties! that last one is a fattie! good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Juan! The cat fishing is only going to get better from here,

    ReplyDelete