rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

April 30, 2012

A New Toy And Some White Bass

I sold my boat about a month ago, and bought a new 9' Renegade with a Minn Kota trolling motor. I headed a few miles down to the American Fork boat harbor of Utah Lake and got all set up. The frame less Renegade is light at only 30 lbs, so getting it in and out of the truck was a breeze.  I started off toward the American Fork river inlet to see if the white bass were wanting to play. On my very first cast I had a fish! A silver Meps spinner seemed to be the ticket today. The white bass were there and I fooled around with them for a bit before I moved on to see if I could get into something bigger.

I ended up just cruising around to get used to how the boat handled. I just kept the motor in locked position and controlled the boat with my fins. This approach worked out great. I was out for a few hours before heading in. I'm looking forward to going on some rivers and other waters to see what this boat can do. Until then, tight lines!
 
My new toy; Dave Scadden's Renegade with Minn Kota Endura C2 Motor.

Small white bass. This was the typical size today.

Cr using back to the harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment