rctalbot's  album on Photobucket

November 10, 2011

The Weeb...Oh How I've Missed You.

Wow, I'm actually writing a post! It seems like forever since I've wet a line. Let me clear off the cob webs and dust and see if I remember how to do this blog thing. The water level is finally where it should be on the Weber and the brown trout spawn is hot and heavy right now. I made it to river early and the temps were in the low teens for the first hour or so which meant I had the joy of breaking ice out of the eyelets every other cast. The fishing (or should I say catching) was fast and furious. Lots of browns came to play with a lone cutthroat.
There are beds everywhere with several browns at each spot trying to stake their claim to a portion. It was so neat to see these fish moving gravel and moving out other fish. Often times there were fish moving around with there backs out of the water at times. I left those on the beds alone and targeted the deeper holes. I used a few different swim baits that always seem to work. I'm going to hit a different stretch tomorrow so until then, enjoy the fish pics...


First fish of the day.





The lone cutt.

21 inch beauty.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad you could get out and mess with some busy browns. Nice dark males and the big female looks healthy.

    Good work and good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete